the Sadowsky Single Cut
"Co-designed with bassist Chip Shearin by both myself and Lisa Hahn, this model features a single cutaway chambered body with a 24 fret bolt on neck. The first version of this bass features our soapbar pickups in our bridge forward "modern" locations as well as our mid boost circuit. It is available with all of our normal wood options.
The Vintage version of the Single Cut retains the specs of the original bass with two key differences: different pickups and the inclusion of a pickguard and control plate. The pickups include a single J-style pickup in the neck position and a dual-coil in the bridge position. The Sadowsky 60/70 pickup was designed as part of our Single Cut bass series based on Chip’s request for a pickup that could switch between 60’s and 70’s J bass bridge locations. We teamed up with Nordstrand pickups, who designed an elegant pickup for us. Each coil is a hum canceling J pickup, in order to combine without any hum with the neck pickup, which is also hum canceling. A mini 3-way toggle switch selects the 60 coil, both coils together in parallel, and the 70 coil. The two rows of pole pieces are placed close together to mimic the difference in locations between the Fender 60 location and 70 location."
Single Cut 24 Fret NYC Specifications
- Sleek Single Cut body shape
- Swamp ash or alder body chambered for enhanced resonance & light weight
- Maple or rosewood fingerboard
- Choice of 1 3/4″ or 1 7/8” on 5-string
- 24 nickel/silver frets .090″ wide x .048″ high
- Hipshot Ultralight tuning gears
- Sadowsky Soapbar Pickups or single J-style pickup in the neck position and dual-coil 60/70 pickup in the bridge position
- Mid Boost Pre-Amp with switchable midboost and trim pot
- Controls: master vol, pickup blend, treble roll-off (VTC) with pre-amp bypass, bass boost, treble boost, midboost on/off
- Sadowsky chrome-plated brass bridge with quick release
- String spacing at bridge: 18 or 19mm
- Portabag case is included. $150 upcharge for our hard case.
- Additional options available