How to Order
Purchasing a Stock Instrument
- Call or purchase directly from our website.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, and PayPal via our online store. Email to pay with cashier’s check and bank wire transfer.
- NYC models include our custom PortaBag.
- Archtops include a custom-fitted hardshell case.
- Pre-Owned instruments ship with the original case.
Sales Tax in New York State
- Any item shipped to an address in New York State is subject to 8.875% sales tax.
Ordering a custom New York City Guitar or Bass
- Visit our recently sold instruments page and the sold instruments page from our old site for ideas on ordering options.
- Download our price list for a full list of options.
- Visit our custom order form and fill it out to the best of your ability.
- Roger Sadowsky will personally price out your build and work with you to refine your choices.
- Once the custom build has been finalized, a PayPal invoice for a $500 deposit will be sent to you.
- Most custom orders are sold with a 7 day return policy. Certain custom builds may require an additional deposit or a return fee.
- We are currently quoting about 12 months for delivery.
Ordering an Archtop
- Archtops are sold direct.
- $500 deposit required.
- Please inquire about the model/finish you are interested in and we will estimate delivery.
- We know you are excited about receiving your new instrument as soon as possible and appreciate your enthusiasm and anticipation. We give each instrument a complete review and set-up before shipping and need to fit this into our normal work schedule.
- All instruments purchased from the Sadowsky In Stock Page require a minimum of 48 hours to process, set-up and ship from our shop.
- All instruments requiring any customization before shipping (pickguards, Vintage Tone Control, etc.) require a minimum of 72 hours before shipping. This refers to weekday hours only.
- A FedEx tracking number will be e-mailed to you once the instrument ships. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and patience.
- Instruments ship worldwide on 7-day approval (certain custom orders may be excluded). Approval period begins the day you receive the instrument. If you wish to return it, notify us within the 7-day period that you will be returning the instrument.
- It is the purchaser’s obligation to pay for the return shipping. If the instrument is returned in perfect condition, a full refund (minus shipping charges) will be issued. Please allow 48 hours for returns to be processed. Returns will be credited in the same manner as your purchase.
- We extend our 7-day approval policy to all of our customers, but the reality of shipping internationally creates problems with returns. If you return an instrument, you remain responsible for all customs charges on the instrument sent to you. You must appeal the charges with the customs officials in your country if you return an instrument. Due to charges we incur on receiving a return from an international transaction, we must charge a 10% restocking fee. So please purchase carefully. As much as we want to be as flexible as possible with returns and exchanges, the realities of import and export charges make this difficult to do.
- Policies are subject to change at any time without prior notice.