The Sadowsky Jim Hall Model
The result of four years of prototyping and collaborating, the Jim Hall Guitar is designed for the working musician as well as the discriminating collector.
Roger Sadowsky had maintained Jim’s guitars since 1982. Roger and Jim began to collaborate on a Sadowsky model and were committed to the idea that this would have to be a guitar that Jim would want to play, not just endorse. The Sadowsky Jim Hall Guitar meets all of Jim’s requirements as a player.
After several prototypes, Roger refined the Jim Hall Guitar by reducing the thickness of the top and back to provide a more acoustic response. He reduced the depth of the body to control feedback, designed a new ebony tailpiece with a string ground, and shaped the neck until it felt just right to Jim.
Incorporating Roger’s sense of aesthetics and design, the result is a beautiful looking, feeling, and sounding guitar that has been enthusiastically received by Jim Hall and many other players worldwide. Sadowsky Guitars is honored to have had this association with the premier jazz guitarist, Jim Hall. Jim passed away on December 10, 2013 and we honor his memory with every Jim Hall Model we produce.
- 16” body width at lower bout
- 2-¾” body depth
- 5 ply flame maple laminate construction
- Maple neck, dovetail neck joint
- Ebony fingerboard with 1-3/4” nut width, 24.75” scale length
- 14 frets to the body
- Ebony bridge pickguard and tailpiece
- Sadowsky True-Tone compensated ebony bridge
- Ivoroid binding
- Gold hardware
- Custom wound vintage PAF style pickup with gold cover
- Pickup duplicated from original Guild/DeArmond pickup from Jim’s guitar
$5200 including custom hardshell case
Available Sadowsky Archtop Guitars