Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
April 16, 2014, 11:51:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: #3408  (Read 2163 times)
Gerard Burick
« on: August 14, 2010, 09:46:50 PM »

I own #3408 and I'm curious as to when it was built, since I haven't located it on the in stock or recently sold pages. 

I'm also interested in any other details, such as body wood and wether it is black pearl or gloss black, depending on what options there were then!

I'm basically just curious about all the details I can get, since I didn't get the bass first-hand Smiley

bikeplate
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »

HI

What up?  That was mine for a while.  I got it from Anthony Valenti who works for Sadowsky.  He built it for himself.  Its gloss black, chambered ash, single coils, 24 fret/5.  Thats all I remember.  Awesome bass

Rob
Gerard Burick
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 06:51:09 AM »

Single coils, eh?  I didn't realize it had those, as I don't know the difference by appearance.  In the control cavity there are a grey, green and red wire going to each pickup.  

Surprisingly enough.... and I feel silly for never noticing this before... written in pencil on the inside of the control cavity cover is Anthony Valenti 9/23/4 ...it's hard to see if you don't hold it at the right angle.

I've only ever popped the control cavity cover to pop in a new battery and never really poked around in there much.  I kind of have a thing with not messing with something if it works!

I can't even tell there are single coils in this bass, they don't hum like crazy like my single coil on my G&L SB-2

Impressive!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:05:26 AM by Gerard Burick » Logged
bikeplate
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »

HI

Maybe the owner before u switched them or im completely mistaken.  LOL..  None the less, great 5 string.  Glad ur still rockin it

Rob
Gerard Burick
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »

Indeed I am!  Such a comfortable instrument... I could never imagine giving it up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: