Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 20, 2014, 05:43:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M5-24 players: What strings do you use?  (Read 4660 times)
SteveC

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:42:34 PM »

Looking for alternatives to my DR Hi Beams. They seem a little midrangy to me.
Gerard Burick
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 10:30:53 PM »

Does your bass have an alder body?  If so, they seem to have a natural midrange punch to them.  You can try DR Low beams, but pretty much any brand new set of strings I've ever tried had a tendancy to make the natural mid punch stick out until after they break in and start to lose their crispness. 
jerzia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 06:07:50 PM »

I tried a bunch, and decided the strings that worked best on my M5-24 were DR Fat Beams. The fit my playing style and and desired tonal goal. With that said, they may not be the best solution for you
eddo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 01:09:54 PM »

I've tried many string also, but what I've found to work best for me is the Sadowsky string that comes on the bass( the blues )
Gerard Burick
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »

I'll have to check out those blue labels.  I've used the blacks.  Is there a big difference?
SteveC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »

I've tried many string also, but what I've found to work best for me is the Sadowsky string that comes on the bass( the blues )

I haven't tried Sadowsky strings yet. May do that next. I think O am also going to try a different rig. My Shuttle combo is also a little mid punchy so it all kind of stacks up. Going to try a Shuttle 9.0 and a Bergantino HT112ER and see. There are a few people with this rig an dabs that say it's the bomb.
eddo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 12:23:52 PM »

ive tried both the blacks and the blues. i think the blacks are a little warmer than the blues. the blue tend to be more bright. perfect if your into funk and rock. and they last a little longer too.
Maurilio

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »

interesting, I had the exact opposite experience. Blues are thicker, warmer and maybe a little scooped in the high mids compared to the Blacks which are a little grinder and less middy…

IME/O

M
jerzia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 11:03:08 PM »

Since my last post in August, the string of choice for my M5-24 has changed. While the Fat Beams I recommended do sound very good with my particular bass, the Sadowsky Blue Label SS have taken over the top spot. I also have a NYC Modern 24 (also ash/maple) that has been sporting the SS, but I'm thinking the Blue Label nickles may just be a better choice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: