Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
April 21, 2014, 03:04:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metro UV70 5 string - Single Coils?  (Read 5183 times)
kevplaysbass

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:06:16 AM »

Hi all,

I've go a UV70 with alder body and was contemplating single coils as something a little different, have any of you tried this and have sound-clips of any kind?

Many thanks,

Kevin Cooke

Sadowsky Metro UV70-RW-ALD-5
Joeykun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:33:12 AM »

The single coils are a wonderful pickup! I had them in my Standard 5 and they are in my MV4-WL thats coming soon.

Search KJung on Youtube...he has many clips of his Sadowsky with single coils and really breaks down their tone with the pre.

Endorsing Artist: GENZ BENZ / SADOWSKY
www.joeykun.com
Hounddog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »

Here is a clip of chris M. from TB. (chrisgotfunk) with an ash/morado UV70 with SCs. I own this bass now. I like the SC pups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWGFwBF9tSw

Vintage 5 string, Ash/BE Maple With Ebony Blocks and vintage tint, Quilt top, 59 Burst w tort PG, And SC PUPS in 60's position on the Way.

Ash/Morado UV-70 5 string with SC's.

Mike P.
kevplaysbass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »

Sounds fantastic, did I hear correctly that the SC pickups are back in stock although it says on the online store 'OOS'?

Kevin Cooke

chasarms

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »

I love having SC PUs in my JJ. It is all Sadowsky, but it also has a very different voice than my PJ. The hum is not an issue. As Ken mentions in the demo, you only need to favor the bridge PU a bit to get that classic, middy, SC grunt that has made the jazz bass so popular over the decades. I love my NYC JJ. It is older, so the SCs are not Nordstrand. The assume that they are Seymour Duncan or maybe DiMarzio?
dragonbass
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 07:01:52 PM »

Sounds fantastic, did I hear correctly that the SC pickups are back in stock although it says on the online store 'OOS'?

Hi Kev,

Sorry to say, but Yes the Single Coil 5 strings are Out Of Stock.

If you want order a set now, and as soon as we get the next batch we can ship them to you. (but I don't know when that is........).

Robert
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »

We are back in stock on 4 string SC pickups.  We sold thru the 5 strings much faster than I expected.  We will have more around the end of August.  Sorry about that.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
kevplaysbass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 07:23:47 AM »

Thanks for the responses everyone. I just tried to order now as Robert suggested but the online shop wont let me. The serial number on my UV70 is M2034, who would have made the pickups I am currently using?

Kind regards,

Kevin Cooke

Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 11:11:26 AM »

Thanks for the responses everyone. I just tried to order now as Robert suggested but the online shop wont let me. The serial number on my UV70 is M2034, who would have made the pickups I am currently using?

Kind regards,

Since they are out of stock, you need to place a phone order with Paige.  You will automatically be backordered.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
kevplaysbass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »

Since they are out of stock, you need to place a phone order with Paige.  You will automatically be backordered.

Roger

Great, thanks Roger. Could you please also shed some light on what the stock pickups are I currently have installed? Nordstrand/Seymour Duncan..?

Kevin Cooke

Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »

Sadowsky humcancelling.

R

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: