Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
September 02, 2014, 10:00:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sadowsky knobs: how to take off and put on?  (Read 3174 times)
maxgroover

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2010, 05:16:27 AM »

I had a Sadowsky pre put in my Fender Marcus Miller jazz bass, inlcuding two of the knobs. I wanted to adjust the Sadowsky knobs so the white line on each knob pointed in the same direction when both turned completely anticlockwise. But for some reason, I can't take them off or realign them, after loosening the hex screw with the allen key. What am I doing wrong?  Huh

myspace.com/maxgroover
facebook.com/soulpredators
HenryD

Himynameishenry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:14:04 AM »

Sounds like you're doing it right, but just to double check, you are aware that there are two hex screws on each knob that you have to loosen right?

I would just take each screw out completely and pull up on it firmly while pressing down on the control plate.

You could also try prying it up once you have the screws out with some sort of tool. I like to use, belive it or not, a spoon for such a thing. The curved bottom gives you leverage AND a rounded surface that wont mark up your bass or ding the finish if it slips.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:18:08 AM by HenryD » Logged
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 11:53:21 AM »

Sounds like you're doing it right, but just to double check, you are aware that there are two hex screws on each knob that you have to loosen right?

I would just take each screw out completely and pull up on it firmly while pressing down on the control plate.

+1, but be careful where you do it, these screws are very small and they can easily get lost if you drop them.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
Gerard Burick
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 02:48:41 AM »

There are two allen screws on each knob. 
maxgroover

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 04:51:52 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I didn't realise they sat so tightly and didn't want to try to force them off. I'll try again with more force and perhaps the spoon method.

Cheers!  Wink

myspace.com/maxgroover
facebook.com/soulpredators
Gerard Burick
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »

don't use a spoon!  Loosen the two allen key screws on the knobs and they will slide right off!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: