Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 23, 2014, 03:56:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strings, strings and strings  (Read 80 times)
Topkat

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2014, 12:25:13 PM »

Gang, I am gonna' come clean up front and admit that when it bass guitars I am a little biased.  Same thing is happening with strings.  I am always trying other brands in an effort to....hmmm...well...I really don't know.  Anyway, just slapped a new set of Dunlop Super Bright med nickel's (.045-.105) on my VJ4.  It resisted...I guess it was able to smell the difference in the strings...I had to restrain it using a mild sedative and fur lined velcro straps.  Once installed it took me so long to get the intonation even close.  Also, the saddles are now more or less in line vs. the graduated angle you see on 99.9% of the Grand Ro's basses...oh the sleepless nights!  I know he doesn't make his own strings but I would guess he has a very tight manufacturing spec with who ever he uses.  I have owned and played a lot of his strings and they are always easy to dial right in.  Please understand this is just my opinion but it really should be yours too.  Anybody need a set of slight used Dunlop Super Bright's?

Tim Craig
Franklin, TN USA 

P.S., Whaz up Fran D.!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: