Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 25, 2014, 09:04:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sadowsky Guitars  (Read 21457 times)
IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2010, 08:38:26 PM »

Sure the basses tend to get all the fame and are the reason Roger and crew have to dodge the paparrazzi.  But his guitars are outrageous!

Mine:

THE SADOWSKY EFFECT:
I highly suggest you play a Sadowsky if you have the means.
This is what happens when you play a Sadowsky in public:

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
jazzgtrl4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:27:14 PM »

yep, heres my SH. still thinking about that Nylon Jim!

Gerard Burick
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:45:26 AM »

I haven't ever seen a Sadowsky guitar in person.  Lots of basses, though.  So are there any particular features of your green one that stand out?
IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:37:55 AM »

I haven't ever seen a Sadowsky guitar in person.  Lots of basses, though.  So are there any particular features of your green one that stand out?
It's from 1990 and has the OBP (off, variable mid boost, and gain boost +/- mid boost) and the hotter of the two bridge pups Roger was offering at the time: similar to the now d/c'd Dimarzio Double Whammy with an attenuated sweet high end and bass roll off. The neck is similar to a Dimarzio Al Dimeola. The in-between sounds are very funky and actually a bit thinner than a typical strat. Tremelo is a Gotoh vintage style from that era.
Pau ferro fingerboard and alder body with a maple cap are the tone woods.

I know this is a Sadowsky forum and you expect to read the typical praise but this is one of the most amazing sounding guitars I've ever owned and certainly the most versatile. .....Plays like the proverbial buttah. ...incredible for metal, rock, country, funk, blues.  I've been in a few bands with it, recorded with it, and everbody in my son's grindcore metalband says it  sounds insane through the Soldano SLO.  My son is a very good drummer with good ears and he always says that the green guitar is blistering with harmonics.

Here are close ups of the fingerboard I took a couple of weeks ago:   Grin

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:32:25 PM by IntenseJim » Logged

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
Gerard Burick
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 07:00:30 PM »

Nice!  I can see the years of love baked in by the frets!  Very cool!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: