Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 31, 2014, 10:57:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger, you should remove the link to Talkbass.  (Read 4723 times)
rmayer

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »

I Just read all of Roger's link to Talkbass (OY! NOT AGAIN!). I feel dirty. What the F's wrong with those people? It's always the same thing with most upscale basses when you have some bozo arguing that he would never spend over $300 for a bass, and his Squire (It's ALWAYS a Squire) is just as good as your Brooklyn built bass, and you must be an idiot for spending that much. Then they all come out of the woodwork, like roaches, and attack. At least this time, they were talking about some pricier basses in comparison. In all the discussions I've been on, I've never insulted or talked down to anyone because of how much they could afford to spend on an instrument. I don't get why the opposite takes place every day. There's a simple answer, in my opinion. If you don't think a Sadowsky is the bass for you, DON'T BUY ONE! That's why there's probably over a hundred builders out there. And, tah leaves more Sadowskys for the rest of us! OK, now I have to take a shower and hug my Tiger's Eye NYC for a while. Rock on Roger.
Gerard Burick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 03:20:29 PM »

This is the internet, and there will always be haters.  "Haters gonna hate", but they will sadly never realize the joy of playing a boutique bass.  These people have never taken the time to educate themselves on the many reasons a Sadowsky built instrument will be one you'd never want to replace.

You can explain it to them, but you can't understand it for them.

Keeping the Theory Alive since 2002
Fuzzbass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »

As Gerard said, haters gonna hate.  These fanatics think what's best for them must be best for everyone.  These ignorami should be ignored if possible.  "When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt." -Robert M. Pirsig

That said, the hate goes both ways to a certain extent.  Some boutique players show the same hate to low end imports, or even production line basses such as Fender.  Hatin' the low end is as bad as hatin' the high end.  The desired result is good music: the tool might matter to the player, but not the listener.

Hate aside, there's a legitimate difference of opinion on whether a boutique is "worth it".  For some, a Fender or even Squier is good enough, and that's fine.  If I couldn't afford Sadowsky, I would be satisfied with Fender.  But I can afford Sadowsky, and the difference in quality is well worth the difference in price to me.

Slow Friday today... is it the weekend yet??
Gerard Burick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »

Well said. 

I have many reasons for sticking to my Sadowsky basses and I only ever plan to own Sadowsky instruments, unless I find a cool 8-10 string bass for noodling around on. 

I'm even having extreme difficulty dealing with replacing my Sadowsky basses with more Sadowsky basses.  It's weird, but great.  My 4480 plays like a dream.  I'm trying to get my black one as playable as my blue one.  Might send it to the Sadowsky team for a setup soon. 

Keeping the Theory Alive since 2002
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: