Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 25, 2014, 05:27:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: DI for recording bass  (Read 9989 times)
RMCat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 02:09:23 AM »

no worries on the sound clip, as long as you don't mind waiting. Since I'm not starting my album for a month or two I decided to buy another NYC 24f5, so I'll have to refill my coffers before I grab the td-1. Watch this space tho... I'll even send a copy of the album to all interested when it's done...

- Rhys

'Your low B could sink the titanic, no iceberg required' - nicest thing anyone ever said to me
NYC M24F5 #5668
NYC M24F5 #5685
NYC Vintage 5 #6111
and a few Alembics etc...
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 02:25:48 AM »

no worries on the sound clip, as long as you don't mind waiting. Since I'm not starting my album for a month or two I decided to buy another NYC 24f5, so I'll have to refill my coffers before I grab the td-1. Watch this space tho... I'll even send a copy of the album to all interested when it's done...

- Rhys

Much appreciated Rhys. Something to look forward to. All the best w/ your new bass, the Td-1, & the session work.
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
gillento

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 02:39:20 AM »

As for soundclips there still is the basstasters site including clips that were recorded with a Sadowsky PJ4 and an MV5

http://www.basstasters.com/basses/Sadowsky_PJ_4.html
http://www.basstasters.com/basses/Sadowsky_Vintage_5.html

--------------------------------------
performance starts with conviction
www.loes.lu
RMCat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 02:54:10 AM »

thanks very much for the links Gillento, will keep us sated. My two are NYC 24f5, so will be a bit different again, and still worth posting at a later date, I think. And thanks for the good wishes P. Bass. Best of luck with your endeavors too!

- Rhys

'Your low B could sink the titanic, no iceberg required' - nicest thing anyone ever said to me
NYC M24F5 #5668
NYC M24F5 #5685
NYC Vintage 5 #6111
RMCat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 05:51:51 AM »

ok, I know this is an old post, I kinda forgot about it, but I want to wrap it up. Since I started this thread I've worked with a bunch of different sound engineers in all sorts of studios and live scenarios. I actually spend more time working as an engineer than a muso these days. I've played with evil twins, u5's, radials, all sorts of pres and a few other toys besides. On top of that I have also expanded from only Sadowskys to owning a couple of Alembics too (although I do have another Sad on the way XD ). So, the winner is..... the Reddi. The evil twin is a great unit, but wasn't quite what I was after. Radial makes great stuff, but is a bit plain. I also found the U5 a bit plain. Different pres of course give a different kinda feel, but none quite did it. Saying that, I use a fender TBP1 live. But in the studio (and live, if I'm feeling adventurous) the reddi just does it for me. Easy, quick, amazing, on all sorts of sources. Just a great swiss army knife. So, sorry for leaving this hanging, but there's my 2 cents. Hope it helps someone.

- Rhys

NYC M24F5 #5668
NYC M24F5 #5685
NYC Vintage 5 #6111
TXBASS

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »

I use an Avalon 737 or Line 6 Bass Pod. 
either one is set up for quick input selection on my Pro Tools session template.
When I'm using the Pod I keep it set on the Ampeg patch. 
Both work well for me.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: