Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
November 24, 2014, 11:17:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Specs of Prince Tele built by Mr Roger Sadowsky back in 1980s?  (Read 5767 times)
Knight_of_light

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2011, 03:56:32 PM »

Dear Mr Roger,

Could You be so kind to tell me what construction and wood was used in telecaster-clone guitar you built for Prince back in 80s?

I do not expect you would provide exact specs as this topic seems to be sensitive - but the construction of the body (sandwich-like) is still an enigma for me.

Also would be great to hear some funny stories (if any) related to this project.

Hope this question could be answered one day  Grin

Best regards from Ukraine,

Denys
Knight_of_light

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 06:10:00 AM »

Sad that Mr Sadowsky has NOT replied. The same happened with private email (and he also blocked pm from my account)...

This is probably the very first time I get such treatment on American music forums  Cry Cry Cry

I thought disclosure of this information would not harm either Sadowsky business, nor distract somebody from amazing guitars this company is producing.

But I didn`t received any response. This is strange for me...

ANyway - all the best to everybody!
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:50:40 AM »

Sorry for the delay.....I have been to busy to check into the forum the last week.

The guitars I made for Prince that were intended to replicate his Hohner had an ash body.  I made a top of flame maple with a walnut strip in the center.  The neck and fingerboard were maple.

I am planning to write more about my Prince adventures on my blog, as soon as I can find the time.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Knight_of_light

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:29:08 PM »

Sorry for the delay.....I have been to busy to check into the forum the last week.

The guitars I made for Prince that were intended to replicate his Hohner had an ash body.  I made a top of flame maple with a walnut strip in the center.  The neck and fingerboard were maple.

I am planning to write more about my Prince adventures on my blog, as soon as I can find the time.

Roger
That reply means I am not cursed  Grin Grin Grin Grin

The only question: was the ash body one-piece, two-piece or three-piece?

Thank You for time devoted writing this post - and looking forward to read some adventures on your blog.

Respectfully,

Denys
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 12:47:18 PM »

My recollection was that it was a two piece body.

R

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: