Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 31, 2014, 03:00:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An early NYC 24 fret 5 string  (Read 3415 times)
FiguredMaple

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2011, 06:58:36 PM »

I'm not affiliated with this seller but I thought it would be interesting to share the photos with its unusual body shape.  I really prefer the look of the current body design though.

Here's a link to the ad:
http://www.thelowend.net/gallery/viewtopic.php?t=5618
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:41:14 PM »

This was from my second batch (I think) of 5 strings and my first 24 fret version.  Probably around 1990.  It may also be the first time we used our current 19mm string spacing and neck width.   We called these, in retrospect,  "Longhorns".   The tip of the horns are the same as the would be on a J-bass, with deeper cutaways.  We then shortened the treble horn on the next batch which resulted in the body shape we have used ever since.

The description on the Low End site is incorrect in that Tom Anderson never made any 5 string parts for me or anyone else.

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Gerard Burick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »

What a cool find!  Put some Elephant Ear tuners on that bad boy and I wouldn't be able to resist!  That longhorn is hard to find!  I love the new modern body shape, too.  Probably lighter, as well.  Thanks for sharing this!

Keeping the Theory Alive since 2002
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: