Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
July 24, 2014, 09:00:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Internal pre-amp installation - capacitors  (Read 3267 times)
synchromesh

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »

Hello all,

I have long admired Sadowsky guitars after discovering that Walter Becker plays them. Unfortunately the budget only extended to the pre-amp for my Jazz bass. Now I have come to install the pre-amp, and I have a question about the three capacitors included with the kit (47nF & 10pF ceramic disc & 0.1uF PET Mylar). The wiring diagram only shows two capacitors, one to ground from the VTC pot and one on the DPDT switch, and neither is labelled.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me which capacitor goes where...

Thanks every much,

John :^P
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:50:42 PM »

Sorry about this.....we are in the process of re-doing our wiring instructions.

The 100pf cap goes on the switch of the push pull pot.
The .047 cap is for the VTC.  Substitute the .1 cap if you have Sadowsky soapbars.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
synchromesh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:08:01 PM »

Hi Roger,

Thanks very much for the quick reply, and the info. That should be all I need to know.

Do you have any sort of ETA for the new wiring diagrams? It'd be good to compare them and check my work once the new & presumably improved schematics are available. Otherwise I'll just check the product page periodically.

Cheers,

synchromesh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 09:36:10 AM »

Hello again,

The wiring diagram lists the wires coming off the PCB as yellow, white, orange, green, red, N/C, orange, brown, blue and black.

The PCB I have has yellow, white, orange, green, red, gray, N/C, orange, brown, blue, black.

What do I do with the gray wire?

Cheers,

Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 10:07:05 AM »

The grey wire is the N/C which stands for "no connection".  You do not use the grey wire.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
synchromesh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 10:20:42 AM »

OK, thanks again. So that's one connected "no connection" that's shown as not connected and one not-connected "no connection" that isn't shown on the wiring diagram. Just wanted to get that clear...

Cheers,

Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 10:34:12 AM »

There is one grey wire on the board....
It is labelled "no connection".
That is it....

R

synchromesh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 10:57:46 AM »

Hi, I'm not trying to be facetious (well, maybe a little), my point is that the PCB has 11 connection points including one that has no wire - so the diagram only showing 10 points and having a grey spot labelled "no connection" while omitting the empty hole next to it is confusing (to me, anyway). I saw "no connection" on the diagram and mentally paired it with the not-connected hole, and then counted the wires and thought "what's this gray one for?" This made more sense than "that dot is actually gray, therefore the gray wire should be ignored/removed, and the hole next to it has been left off the diagram."

Anyway, all sorted now.

Cheers,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: