Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
November 28, 2014, 10:46:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Preamp Configuration question  (Read 5181 times)
Chef

Alan Loshbaugh; Columbia, MO

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »

Is it possible to configure the Sadowsky on board preamp to provide treb/bass boost ....*and cut?*

thanks;
alan
Bikeplate
Global Moderator

Man on a Mission!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »

HI

Not that Im aware of.  The discontinued Tokyo line had cut, I believe, on the treble circuit.  Every Sadowsky Ive owned(25+) have been boost only.  Hopefully Roger or Rob can chime in to verify this

Rob

Sadowsky Endorsed Artist
IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »

No

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 03:33:54 AM »

Is it possible to configure the Sadowsky on board preamp to provide treb/bass boost ....*and cut?*

thanks;
alan

Chef, try favoring the bridge pickup just a tad. It might do the trick when you need less fatness and more definition.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
ispanic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »

HI

Not that Im aware of.  The discontinued Tokyo line had cut, I believe, on the treble circuit.  Every Sadowsky Ive owned(25+) have been boost only.  Hopefully Roger or Rob can chime in to verify this

Rob

As a ex-Tokyo owner I can verify bolded part!
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 06:34:31 PM »

There is no option to cut treble or bass on the Sadowsky preamp.  When I was experimenting with circuits, I found the VTC as a treble cut much more musical than an active treble cut.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Gerard Burick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 08:23:59 PM »

There is no option to cut treble or bass on the Sadowsky preamp.  When I was experimenting with circuits, I found the VTC as a treble cut much more musical than an active treble cut.

Roger

I agree with this thought.  One of my basses has VTC, the other does not.  The passive treble roll off of the VTC sounds much more natural than other basses I've played that have fully active boost/cut EQ on board. 

I prefer to roll my treble knob back a little on my parametric EQ on my Ampeg SVT 4 Pro and I reduce the treble on the top end of the graphic EQ there.  I boost mids on my Sansamp RBI with a little drive.  I boost some of the mids on my SVT 4 Pro and it's just the  butter zone!  Nice and round... When I hear it, I picture someone putting home made chocolate frosting on a chocolate cake.  Not that overly sugared frosting... you know the kind.. that really tasty kind that isn't over the top.  Home made frosting... like your grandmother makes... yum!

Sigh... living on the road makes it difficult!  Now I want to head home and fire up the rig!

Keeping the Theory Alive since 2002
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: