Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
July 29, 2014, 08:56:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email notification on subscribed threads  (Read 3417 times)
P. Bass

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2011, 07:49:22 PM »

My account settings seem to be in order but for some time I have not been receiving email notification of new posts.  Huh  Any help is welcome. Thanks.
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 02:40:52 PM »

Blair,

they might be going to the spam filter on your email server. This is happening to me but I don't care much because I'm such an addict to all things Sadowsky that I visit this forum on a regular basis (almost daily  Embarrassed) and them I just click on the "Show unread posts since last visit.".

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 03:59:53 PM »

Blair,

they might be going to the spam filter on your email server. This is happening to me but I don't care much because I'm such an addict to all things Sadowsky that I visit this forum on a regular basis (almost daily  Embarrassed) and them I just click on the "Show unread posts since last visit.".

Thanks Fran.You were correct. There was some email notices in the server spam box.
Is there a way to reverse those spam items so the server won't recognize future notices as such? Must be someway to do that. Anyone?
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
gillento

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:45:21 PM »

Blair,

they might be going to the spam filter on your email server. This is happening to me but I don't care much because I'm such an addict to all things Sadowsky that I visit this forum on a regular basis (almost daily  Embarrassed) and them I just click on the "Show unread posts since last visit.".

Thanks Fran.You were correct. There was some email notices in the server spam box.
Is there a way to reverse those spam items so the server won't recognize future notices as such? Must be someway to do that. Anyone?
B.

That depends on your email server configuration.
With gmail, for exemple, you can configure keywords or adresses no to be sent into Spam folders.

I am sure this is possible with other email providers as well

--------------------------------------
performance starts with conviction
www.loes.lu
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 07:20:50 PM »

Blair,

they might be going to the spam filter on your email server. This is happening to me but I don't care much because I'm such an addict to all things Sadowsky that I visit this forum on a regular basis (almost daily  Embarrassed) and them I just click on the "Show unread posts since last visit.".

B.

With gmail, for exemple, you can configure keywords or adresses no to be sent into Spam folders.

I do have gmail & made the appropriate changes on the server's spam folder. Very easily done.
Your post & Fran's now appear in my inbox. Another lesson learned. Thank you gillento.

*Fingers On Flats*
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 05:09:34 AM »

Blair,

B.

I do have gmail & made the appropriate changes on the server's spam folder. Very easily done.
Your post & Fran's now appear in my inbox. Another lesson learned. Thank you gillento.

great, I also use gmail, should change my config to register the forum messages as safe mail.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 05:27:23 AM »

Blair,

B.

great, I also use gmail, should change my config to register the forum messages as safe mail.

Even after changing the last 2 spam emails to "not spam" your post notification email, Fran, still went to spam. It may take awhile for the server to recognize these Sad' forum emails as legitimate.
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
gillento

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 05:40:14 AM »

I have marked all mail from @sadowsky.com going to a special folder in Google mail.

As for following this forum, I am using the RSS reader feature on my Mail app on the MacBook.
This way I am following all threads and regularly discover new interesting things.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:51:24 AM by gillento » Logged

--------------------------------------
performance starts with conviction
www.loes.lu
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 06:44:01 AM »

I have marked all mail from @sadowsky.com going to a special folder in Google mail.

As for following this forum, I am using the RSS reader feature on my Mail app on the MacBook.
This way I am following all threads and regularly discover new interesting things.

I'll have to get local help with those things as I have no experience with it. Your post notice email went to spam also. This time Gmail asked me if I wanted those messages sent to the "anti spam team". LOL
We're making advances here I guess. Thanks again.
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: