Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
August 31, 2014, 02:15:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New soapbar pickups  (Read 4777 times)
Musicfreak1988

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2011, 06:48:27 AM »

So, does the placement of the new soapbars result in another sound? I drew lines between two models (one with the older, one with the newer soapbars) and although the 'beginning' of the pickups is the same, due to the smaller shell of the newer ones, the 'center' and 'ending' of the pickups are places towards the neck... So I wonder if they sound a little different...

EscapeNote

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »

Whoa!  This is first I've seen or heard of these newer soapbars (take a couple a days off and now I'm out of the loop - change happens so fast!)

The shape reminds me of the Nordstrand Big Singles/Fat Stacks... any connection there?

I fished around a little, haven't seen anything in the forum or the main website.  Where can I find out more?

IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 10:26:44 AM »

Roger and the crew make changes for  a reason.

There must be something to it albeit might be quite subtle.

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
EscapeNote

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 03:09:04 PM »

Roger and the crew make changes for  a reason.

There must be something to it albeit might be quite subtle.

Never doubted that for a second - I'm just looking forward to finding out more about it!
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 11:38:34 AM »

The new narrow soapbars have the exact same centerline as the older, wider pickups.  The photo analysis is not accurate....may be a function of camera angles, focal length, etc.   Here is a photo from our CNC programming to show the old and new placement.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Musicfreak1988

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 06:14:17 AM »

Oops, my bad. I'm sorry for the confusion. Although I still am curious about how those new pu's sound. Too bad NYC is a little too far from my house Smiley.

And thanks for sharing that photo, Roger!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:15:59 AM by Musicfreak1988 » Logged
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »

It is the same pickup.....just placed in a slightly narrower shell.  I just thought they looked better!

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Musicfreak1988

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »

They DO look good! A little less 'industrial' or from another point of view a little more 'refined' if those even are appropriate terms. I'm happy they are the same pickup. Talk about tight!
Gerard Burick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 08:25:36 PM »

The new narrow soapbars have the exact same centerline as the older, wider pickups.  The photo analysis is not accurate....may be a function of camera angles, focal length, etc.   Here is a photo from our CNC programming to show the old and new placement.

Roger

NICE! I didn't know you guys used any CNC!!  I used to be a CNC machinist.  Made motorcycle parts instead of the finest bass guitar parts on the planet!  Glad you shared this tidbit!

Keeping the Theory Alive since 2002
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: