Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 20, 2014, 04:09:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bell cover for metro  (Read 2081 times)
the swank one

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2011, 03:36:50 AM »

I have a Will Lee metro and was wanting to get a bell cover for it. does anyone know if i can buy one that will fit from roger and would the pickguard crack if i tried to drill screw holes through it ? Thanks
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:46:58 AM »

You can purchase bell covers at www.guitarpartsresource.com.  We do not sell them except when they are part of an instrument order.

You have to drill through the pickguard and the body to mount the cover.  The pickguard should not crack.  We also recommend slightly countersinking the hole in the pickguard before attaching the cover.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
the swank one

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »

thanks for you help roger i'll look into it. but i have no idea how to "counersink" Huh do i need a special drill bit ? never did it before. i'm just not very handy with tools. Grin guess i need to start learning.
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:46:10 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countersink

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: