Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
September 20, 2014, 05:55:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sadowsky saddle set screws  (Read 3421 times)
Paullee01

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2011, 03:36:36 PM »

Having a problem on the Will Lee with one of my saddle screws, D string. It seems to turn while I'm playing lowering the string to the point of it buzzing and becoming unplayable. I can usually tell when the saddle starts to lower when the string starts going out of tune. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? I have heard if you put clear nail polish on the saddle set screw that will help. Wanted to check here first before I do anything.
Bikeplate
Global Moderator

Man on a Mission!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »

HI

Ill also replied on TB in the Sadowsky club.  Id call the shop before doing anything.  They'll advise you on the best course.  Is it still under warranty?  You should find out before doing any work to it.  www.sadowsky.com

Rob

Sadowsky Endorsed Artist
Paullee01

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »

Hey Rob,

Yeah guess we get around (LOL) The bass is just about a year old. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow

Thanks again and hope all is well with you.

Paul
www.paullee.org
Bikeplate
Global Moderator

Man on a Mission!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 07:59:50 PM »

HI

No problem.  How was your first year with it?  Give us some gig impressions of it

Rob

Sadowsky Endorsed Artist
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »

Having a problem on the Will Lee with one of my saddle screws, D string. It seems to turn while I'm playing lowering the string to the point of it buzzing and becoming unplayable. I can usually tell when the saddle starts to lower when the string starts going out of tune. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? I have heard if you put clear nail polish on the saddle set screw that will help. Wanted to check here first before I do anything.

Nail polish might work, but some mild Loctite from the hardware store is best.  You need to unscrew the set screw most of the way, put a drop of Loctite on the threads and readjust the saddle. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1RSNS/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0015PI75E&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0DHE5MS4AKBGYJTNZWKZ

R

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Paullee01

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:20:39 PM »

Thanks Roger,

I went and picked some up today.

@ Rob,
Yes, it's been a year already since I purchased the bass from Bass Central. My impressions....

Being a working musician for 31 years I can say without a doubt it is the BEST bass I have ever played. The light weight, tone, neck and playing comfort are unsurpassed. I have had more compliments on my tone then I have had with any of my other basses including my Fodera and MTD (which BTW have both been sitting in there cases for the past year) Another thing I love about this bass is the versatility. I play a variety of music from funk, rock, jazz, etc. It's so easy to dial in a great tone. I can even make it sound like a stand up bass by flooding the strings over the bridge. I can go on and on about how happy I am with the bass but there wouldn't be enough space in the forum.

Sadowsky basses ROCK!!!!!

Peace,
Paul Lee
www.paullee.org
Bikeplate
Global Moderator

Man on a Mission!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 08:59:38 PM »

HI

Very cool, Paul.  You picked a pretty one also.  I feel the same.  Had the same basses as you.  They all eventually were sold. 

Rob

Sadowsky Endorsed Artist
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: