Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
September 01, 2014, 02:35:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strings to use?  (Read 14198 times)
leroyd

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2011, 07:14:28 AM »

i favour the elixir nanowebs. i find the tone nice and balanced and they feel really smooth to the touch with their nanoweb coating. their long life is a real plus. Sure they are more expensive than other strings but in my view it is money well spent

I am not a fan of any coated string as most of them are not conductive and defeat the usefulness of the string ground running under the bridge.   I have encountered many people complaining of hum problems and the issues were all due to the coated strings.

Roger

that is an interesting point. Thankfully my bass remains as quiet as a mouse with Elixirs, which is just as well as I have just purchased 10 packs!
Any players out there having hum problems with Elixirs
Gerard Burick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »

I haven't tried the Elixirs on my Sadowsky basses, but I do have a very strong preference toward non-coated strings.  I think they sound more natural and they feel better, too.

I tried a couple of brands of coated strings (DR and I forgot the other brand) They just didn't sit right with me.  I'll use the regular Sadowsky, DR, LaBella and Dunlop strings.  Rotosound sound good, but they are super rough to the touch.

Keeping the Theory Alive since 2002
Bottomzone

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 03:33:14 PM »

I am a fairly new user of Sadowsky Blue Label Stainless Steels. I was a die-hard Ken Smith string user with my Ken Smith Black Tiger 5. Ken's strings sound fantastic when first installed-but died after about 1-2 weeks. After trying a number of other brands, I decided to give the Sadowsky's a try after reading a thread in Talk Bass. These strings are the best that I have ever used and, so far, are lasting about 2 months! Great strings, Roger-you may have a customer for life!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste!  Cool
ispanic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 02:32:52 AM »

i favour the elixir nanowebs. i find the tone nice and balanced and they feel really smooth to the touch with their nanoweb coating. their long life is a real plus. Sure they are more expensive than other strings but in my view it is money well spent

I am not a fan of any coated string as most of them are not conductive and defeat the usefulness of the string ground running under the bridge.   I have encountered many people complaining of hum problems and the issues were all due to the coated strings.

Roger

Well, I use DR coated strings. On my old bass (sadowsky Tokyo RA) there was some hum, but I always connected that hum with single coil pickups! On new one (Sadowsky Metro MV-4 HPJ) I don't have any hum issues (humcanceling pickups)!
Chef

Alan Loshbaugh; Columbia, MO

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 05:19:05 PM »

I've tried all 4 types of the Sadowsky strings, and several others on my RV5JJ.
Blue Steels for me please!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: