Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
September 19, 2014, 03:53:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dennis Edwards with Lady Antebellum  (Read 4708 times)
Hounddog

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »

If anyone has Directv Lady Antebellum is coming on in 20 minutes on Directv's concert series. Channel 331. The concerts cycle thru so I watched Lady Antebellum a few days ago. Dennis's Bass tone is so Fat and cutting @ the same time. Very supportive yet cuts like a knife. A perfect example of the Sadowsky Magic in a mix.

Mike

Vintage 5 string, Ash/BE Maple With Ebony Blocks and vintage tint, Quilt top, 59 Burst w tort PG, And SC PUPS in 60's position on the Way.

Ash/Morado UV-70 5 string with SC's.

Mike P.
chasarms

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

I watched that show. Funny you should mention it. It was the final nail in the coffin for every other bass I have owned. Everything else I have is on its way out the door, and a Sadowsky is on its way in.
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »

On Letterman he seems to be playing a 4 string Sadowsky PJ but with a soapbar on the bridge position.

take a look at 0:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFXhzPj7nAY

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
chasarms

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »

On Letterman he seems to be playing a 4 string Sadowsky PJ but with a soapbar on the bridge position.

take a look at 0:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFXhzPj7nAY

I would guess it's a Norstrand dual coil.

I don't think I would actually modify my bass, but I would love to have a Sadowsky with the Nordy DC in bridge position and have it equipped with a three-way switching Series/Par/Single (phantom coil). The bass that I just sold today to fund the Sadowsky is a 2006 Fender American Deluxe Precision 5. It has that Bill Lawrence designed dual coil in the bridge position, and I love it. I also have (and am selling) a Fender Roscoe Beck 5 that has the same PU but with the switching I described. I love it as well.

To add such a feature to a Sadowsky would be very cool, IMO.
HenryD

Himynameishenry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 01:14:55 PM »

Aint it this one?

http://sadowsky.com/stock/view/5037.html
chasarms

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »

Those are big singles, which as the name suggests, are oversized singlecoil pickups. The Duals are humbuckers.
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:18:19 PM »

You got good eyes man.(& a good memory) I think it is too. Same yellow "blotch'' top front corner.I remembered as well 'cause I got it on my iPhoto.

*Fingers On Flats*
HenryD

Himynameishenry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 07:27:08 AM »

You got good eyes man.(& a good memory) I think it is too. Same yellow "blotch'' top front corner.I remembered as well 'cause I got it on my iPhoto.

Thanks man. I've been going through the "in stock" and "recently sold" galleries on the Sadowsky site lately trying to decide the final specs for my NYC, so when I saw the vid I knew that bass looked familiar.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: