Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
September 02, 2014, 12:47:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OY! NOT AGAIN!  (Read 11929 times)
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2010, 02:43:43 PM »

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=708179

Help!  I've fallen into another Talkbass thread and I can't get out!!!! Shocked

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Asher

If you can read this you're not practicing enough

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:01:08 PM »

Well, let's see:

Musicians who like your basses: Marcus, Will, Tal, Juraj, Hugh McDonald, Lee Sklar, Tom Hamilton, and about 6 dozen other established pros.

TB'ers who don't like your basses:  ... uh...  I don't recognize any of those names, but ... rock on!

Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:31:52 PM »

Roger,

I've read through every single post on that thread and I've done a big effort not to post myself. You have to have a great discipline to try something knowing before hand that you can't afford it and it's obvious in this thread that that's the case with some guys, while others have not even tried one of your basses.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
Joeykun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »

I stayed away from this one too!

Has anyone bought and NOT like Sushi???  Wink

Endorsing Artist: GENZ BENZ / SADOWSKY
www.joeykun.com
Gerard Burick
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »

Clearly they just don't understand.

A Sadowsky bass is not a Fender "copy"... it's what Fender wishes they built in the first place.

I've played pretty much all the other higher dollar basses out there and they just don't compare to the Sadowsky basses at my house. 

I think that thread is just full of nerd rage, if you know what I mean. 
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 02:10:48 PM »

I resisted for 16 pages but I finally could resist the Borg no longer:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9942539&postcount=330

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 02:27:54 PM »

I resisted for 16 pages but I finally could resist the Borg no longer:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9942539&postcount=330

Roger, you really restrained yourself much longer than I would have been able to do it.

What I don't understand is why the moderators didn't banned the posts that were blatantly offensive.

You should have a nice informative section on your site about how each instrument is built, from selecting the woods to the final inspection before being shipped and then we could all link it everytime one of this threads go the wrong way.

Finally, thanks for your fine instruments, your service to the music and for sharing your knowledge about the fine art of building guitars.

greetings from Santander.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
RMCat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 09:57:36 PM »

I read most of the thread (*sigh*) but one thing stood out, and that was Carey posting in Roger's defence. To have one's 'competitor' (I use that term very loosely) sing your praise speaks volumes.

I read a post about a 6-stringer buying a Sadowsky and feeling like he just played better. That's my experience too. Took me a while to warm to my bass, but now I'd never sell it. I even bought another one. I guess we can talk about woods and electrics, but there's also an indefinable quality to a guitar or bass that cannot be explained. It either works for you or it doesn't.

Thank god Sadowskys work for me.
Thanks Roger!

- Rhys
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:59:38 PM by RMCat » Logged

'Your low B could sink the titanic, no iceberg required' - nicest thing anyone ever said to me
NYC M24F5 #5668
NYC M24F5 #5685
NYC Vintage 5 #6111
and a few Alembics etc...
Gerard Burick
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 10:59:06 PM »

Some people are perhaps jealous?  There just isn't a substitute for the best materials being put together by the best craftspeople NYC has.  Don't forget, the wood is properly aged and cared for! 

Sadowsky basses are so good that I was afraid to take my blue one out for almost 6 months after buying it... now I use it more. 

Plus, there will always be haters/trolls on the internet!  Don't feed the trolls!
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 10:15:28 AM »

I read most of the thread (*sigh*) but one thing stood out, and that was Carey posting in Roger's defence. To have one's 'competitor' (I use that term very loosely) sing your praise speaks volumes.

It was very nice of Carey to chime in.  The truth of the matter is most of us are friends.  I have been friends with Mike Tobias, Stu Spector, Tom Anderson, John Suhr, Carey Nordstrand and others forever.  We share sources and ideas all the time.  We each have our own customer base and we consider ourselves colleagues....not competitors.  There are a few builders out there who "do not play well with others".

Roger

RMCat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 04:01:21 PM »

and it's great that way. There's enough pie to go round (that's why I used 'competitor' loosely). If that wasn't the case I would be less inclined to pass my money on to you and Carey. I guess it's similar to all the bands in my area, we're all friends, help each other out, drink together. Let's just not talk about the others who 'don't play well with others'. I've gotta go and take shipment of my new Sadowsky bass. Excitement much!

Peace, Roger

- Rhys

'Your low B could sink the titanic, no iceberg required' - nicest thing anyone ever said to me
NYC M24F5 #5668
NYC M24F5 #5685
NYC Vintage 5 #6111
and a few Alembics etc...
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 05:35:52 PM »

It was very nice of Carey to chime in.  The truth of the matter is most of us are friends.  I have been friends with Mike Tobias, Stu Spector, Tom Anderson, John Suhr, Carey Nordstrand and others forever.  We share sources and ideas all the time.  We each have our own customer base and we consider ourselves colleagues....not competitors.  There are a few builders out there who "do not play well with others".

Roger

I'm just here right now to shake your hand Roger. 'Nuff said.
Blair.

*Fingers On Flats*
RonenTat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 03:46:32 AM »

LOL,
Maybe I should have but I couldn't resist.
Unfortunately, my English is not polished enough to really nail stuff down. If this was in Hebrew there was a lot of smoke left behind my posts  Grin
Anyway, no stupid thread can change the true facts. I'm out of there...  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:54:35 AM by RonenTat » Logged
Vic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 09:59:25 PM »

Haven't been on this site much... enough... try to get back here a bit more...

On topic, even tho this thread is kinda' "done", I remember that thread and posted in it myself.  I think it's ridiculously obvious Roger does stuff right, and it really is as simple as the fact that his long term market popularity at the highest professional levels proves it.  You can throw all the details out and just understand that.

I have 2 USA MTDs, 2 Skjolds, a Zon, a Nordstrand, an Alleva Coppolo, a Jerzy Drozd, a Warrior, a C.F. Martin, a Roscoe, an F Bass, a USA Fender, and a Japanese Fender.

I have FOUR Sadowsky basses.

Further, Roger's strongly customer oriented policies and service experience set the bar at a level very few others can reach.  As someone with over 14 years in implementing and managing a global customer and technical service department at a previous company, having purchased multiple times directly from Roger's shop, I'm well qualified to judge.

I simply can't say enough about Roger's impeccable standards in products/services and associate selection (his crew is right up there too.)  I'm proud to be an owner.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:01:03 PM by Vic » Logged

Vic
Sadowsky basses are the jam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: