Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 23, 2014, 02:34:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: changing strings & set ups  (Read 2454 times)
the swank one

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:01:05 AM »

how often should you really change strings. and if you're putting the same type strings on and you're happy with rogers orignal set up do you need to do anything ? i ask cause i'm always worried i'm gonna mess something else so i pay somebody to do it and hope they know what they're doing.
Gerard Burick
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:35:35 AM »

I change mine when the sound is too dead for taste or when the intonation is unstable... whichever happens first.

You can always consult the Sadowsky gurus, and I'm sure they will read this thread and provide solutions and tips.
Asher

If you can read this you're not practicing enough

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »

It depends how often and how much you play. I've found that wiping down the strings after each session prolongs the sound life of the strings. Alternatively, if you play a lot, changing the strings every 3-4 months isn't very costly and should keep the tone fresh.

If you're using the same gauge strings, you shouldn't affect the setup. If you're noticing new buzzing or strings that seem to be higher than you want, there may be some gradual changes that occur with seasons, humidity etc, and a pro setup would be a good idea if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

leroyd

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:09:29 AM »

I agree that the guys at Sadowsky will be very helpfull. My feelings are that it makes good sense to by a Sadowsky over cheaper alternatives because not alone are you getting a superior instrument, but also because of the great after sales support from the sadowsky team.
I think you should look at trying to set up your own instrument. I was quite hesitant initially with regards to doing my own set up and this article was recomended to me by Roger and is very informative. www.sadowsky.com/media/support/library/.../bp0996_bass_setup.pdf . A chat with one of the guys at Sadowsky will get you started.
Also Elixir nanoweb strings might be worthy of consideration. I find that they match my Sadowsky bass (Ash body/maple neck) very well. Be sure to wipe them down after each gig. They last a really long time and you avoid the hassle of changing strings every few weeks.
best of luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: