Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
April 20, 2014, 07:44:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Location -(please)  (Read 15765 times)
tschooduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 03:39:44 PM »

Hi Guys, I'm also new here, I'm from Europe, Serbia, Nis, long way from US Smiley
pjpowers

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 01:55:21 AM »

Hey, this is Pat from Beijing, China - guess that I am the second member of the Sadowsky China Club, but the first with a Will Lee bass.  Will post when I get a photo.

If any of you happen to pass through town, check out a club called Eudora Station (by Lido Hotel), it has a cover band led by a former Robert Palmer sideman, Greg Carroll.  Another good one is the Pavilion (opposite w gate of workers stadium), which is partially owned by a band called Solidaz, which is an excellent show band from NZ.  I sit in with each a couple times a month, and both bands let experienced players get up and jam if you ask nicely.

Happy Year of the Rabbit!

Will Lee #5728, matching blueburst
Eden WTX 500
Zon Sonus 4 (old one)

rubytopaz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 07:26:14 AM »

There seems to be a fair number of us that for whatever reason feel reluctant to share their location. I personally feel more comfortable telling my friends here where I live, as it promotes an open dialogue in the spirit of unity. Roger has also requested, respectfully, that we share in this manner. It's just cool to know where the other guy lives - don't you think? This forum is, after all, a privilege extended to us for sharing. Thanks bros.
B.

ICONIC "Massey Hall" in Toronto - (If the walls could only speak to tell the stories.)

One of the highlights of my music career - a real pinch me moment. In 1978 I was the bass player in Colleen Peterson's band - CP Rail. At a rehearsal, she told us that for six evenings we would be opening for Gordon Lightfoot for his Spring Concert Series at Massey Hall. Each night on the Massey Hall stage was an
unbelievable moment for this bass player from Niagara Falls, New York.

Thomas
Bass, the final frontier...
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 07:32:11 AM »

There seems to be a fair number of us that for whatever reason feel reluctant to share their location. I personally feel more comfortable telling my friends here where I live, as it promotes an open dialogue in the spirit of unity. Roger has also requested, respectfully, that we share in this manner. It's just cool to know where the other guy lives - don't you think? This forum is, after all, a privilege extended to us for sharing. Thanks bros.
B.

ICONIC "Massey Hall" in Toronto - (If the walls could only speak to tell the stories.)

One of the highlights of my music career - a real pinch me moment. In 1978 I was the bass player in Colleen Peterson's band - CP Rail. At a rehearsal, she told us that for six evenings we would be opening for Gordon Lightfoot for his Spring Concert Series at Massey Hall. Each night on the Massey Hall stage was an

Our own P-bass is a big LIghtfoot fan. Chances are he saw you playing there. He'll chime in soon enough.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 05:02:46 PM »

B.

Thanks for sharing! There is no bigger Gordo fan on the planet than myself. I have seen MANY of his concerts over the years & may very well have seen you perform at Massey Hall, since I moved to Toronto in 1974. I did see Colleen do a tune or two w/Gord on stage.
I met Rick Haynes, Gord's lifelong bass player, at Steve's Music in T.O. a few years ago. He had come in to buy a new bass & I was sitting auditioning some beauties. We sat & talked about "the whole trip" for over an hour.
Not sure you'd be interested but here's a few "overdubs" I enjoy doing at home of Gord's music. (Sad' P4 w/PJ's & SBF45 flats.)
GORDON LIGHTFOOT
I'd love to hear a clip of your music bro.
B.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:27:28 PM by P. Bass » Logged

*Fingers On Flats*
Sadowsky
Administrator

Sadowsky Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »

I saw Gordon in Toronto in 1968!  I was a college student at Geneseo, just south of Rochester at the time.  Don,t remember if it was Massey hall or not, but it was a gorgeous theater.

Roger

Please do not send me messages through the forum.  Please email me directly.  Thanks.
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:36 PM »

I saw Gordon in Toronto in 1968!  I was a college student at Geneseo, just south of Rochester at the time.  Don,t remember if it was Massey hall or not, but it was a gorgeous theater.

Roger

1968!!! You're my new hero Roger. That's when he was still very much an unknown. He was playing at places like the "Riverboat" in Yorkville & if you saw him at a theatre, it was most likely Massey Hall. It is a 3 tiered intimate hall w/ "wooden" type acoustics. It's a dream to hear a good concert there. Gordon has OWNED that place forever. He has a couple of Dreadnoughts that were custom made for him & "Martin" guitars even made a limited run of the "G.L. D18" to honour him - ( mahogany b & s ). Rick Haynes (bass), likes to play thru a 15" Lansing speaker to compliment Gord's music.
I would like to turn y'all onto a couple of nice interviews done a few years ago. Fran, you seen 'em already. Wink
B.

EDIT: The Q TV interview of Gord was deleted from YouTube for some reason but I found it elsewhere - so here it is if you're interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKSGV00kXvE&feature=related QTV interview - (BEST HDTV image)
http://blip.tv/q-tv/gordon-lightfoot-a-q-tv-exclusive-1973749 QTV interview (2nd choice if the one above has been removed AGAIN. :^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGTRlXQ2XAs&feature=fvw CBC TV interview
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:08:19 AM by P. Bass » Logged

*Fingers On Flats*
rubytopaz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »

Thanks for the shout out about Gordon everyone. I do have a few photos of the Massey Hall shows and some audio (recorded at the Prince George Hotel in Kingston, Ontario) during my days with Colleen. When I locate them I'll post here. It really was a high being on the Massey Hall stage. Writing about it gives me goose bumps all over again. Gordon was really gracious. He invited the band and stage crew back to his home in Rosedale after each performance for a party. I have a memory of Willie P. Bennett having a wrestling match with our guitar player Rick Taylor. I could go on but I won't. One more thing though. At the time, my most favorite GL tune was The Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald. Oh, and I was playing a 1974 P Bass with a maple neck... The louthier at 12th Fret in Toronto routered in a piece of brass under the bad ass bridge and removed the frets from the 12th fret up. You'll hear it when I figure out how to post audio. I guess I have gone on. Sorry. Thanks for listening.

Thomas
Bass, the final frontier...
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 01:21:36 AM »

I would like to turn y'all onto a couple of nice interviews done a few years ago. Fran, you seen 'em already. Wink
B.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKSGV00kXvE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGTRlXQ2XAs&feature=fvw

worth a listening...or two.  Smiley

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 04:08:08 AM »

See my post above for new link of Gord Lightfoot interview on QTV. The CBC interview link is unchanged.
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
EscapeNote

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 03:29:17 PM »

Hello from Santa Cruz, California!

I'm also a Gordon Lightfoot fan.  Never had the pleasure of seeing him live but have been profoundly moved by many of his recordings.
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »

Hello from Santa Cruz, California!

I'm also a Gordon Lightfoot fan.  Never had the pleasure of seeing him live but have been profoundly moved by many of his recordings.

Good to hear from you. If you can rent it, his "Live In Reno" DVD is kinda nice. I sure wish he would have video'd some of his earlier concerts in their entirety for the record. So much has been overlooked in the 'biz. Sad for the fans.
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
jerzia

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2011, 09:25:19 AM »

I'm thinking of seeing him in Ithaca NY on 9/29. It's been years since I've had the pleasure.

I saw Gordon in Toronto in 1968!  I was a college student at Geneseo, just south of Rochester at the time.  Don,t remember if it was Massey hall or not, but it was a gorgeous theater.

Roger
Geneseo is still a great little town!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:27:57 AM by jerzia » Logged
ispanic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »

Hello from Varazdin, Croatia!

P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 03:42:24 PM »

Time for the change of season bump :

Nice to see the great photos of your place in the world people! Keep'em comin'.
B.

*Fingers On Flats*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: