Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
October 02, 2014, 04:24:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sadowsky’s best compliment  (Read 8771 times)
gregmerrill

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2010, 02:43:38 PM »

Sadowsky’s best compliment as I see it is the limited amount of their basses that exist in the used bass guitar market. I have been on a quest for the last 18 months to find a used Sadowsky and it is rare to find someone selling one of these fine basses and especially a NYC model. I searched the world of classifieds and many online searches and websites for these basses daily and always come up empty handed. What I do see in the used market are so many other basses from all other manufactures being sold. But when customers receive a Sadowsky it seems that they do not want to part with it, which only means they are holding on to a great instrument. I recently gave up on searching for a used one and broke down and spent the big bucks on a NYC. I should get it next week and I am looking very much forward to receiving it. I hope to be a part of this family of players who never give up the finest instrument they ever owned the Sadowsky bass guitar. I really do believe it’s about the wood and expanding on what Fender has already done that makes these instruments so appealing. 
Greg Merrill
Hounddog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »

I agree with you 100%.  I wish I would have started my build as soon as I decided to get a NYC model. I wasted 4 or 5 months trying to find one.

Vintage 5 string, Ash/BE Maple With Ebony Blocks and vintage tint, Quilt top, 59 Burst w tort PG, And SC PUPS in 60's position on the Way.

Ash/Morado UV-70 5 string with SC's.

Mike P.
Gerard Burick
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »

I adopted two as soon as I saw them listed. 

Another compliment... you always know you're getting a good bass without trying it first.  It's safe to say that anyone who owned one took good care of it! 

The community is relatively tight and they are very recognizable instruments. 

I dare someone to try and steal mine!
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 03:24:06 AM »

Sadowsky’s best compliment as I see it is the limited amount of their basses that exist in the used bass guitar market. I have been on a quest for the last 18 months to find a used Sadowsky and it is rare to find someone selling one of these fine basses and especially a NYC model. I searched the world of classifieds and many online searches and websites for these basses daily and always come up empty handed. What I do see in the used market are so many other basses from all other manufactures being sold. But when customers receive a Sadowsky it seems that they do not want to part with it, which only means they are holding on to a great instrument. I recently gave up on searching for a used one and broke down and spent the big bucks on a NYC. I should get it next week and I am looking very much forward to receiving it. I hope to be a part of this family of players who never give up the finest instrument they ever owned the Sadowsky bass guitar. I really do believe it’s about the wood and expanding on what Fender has already done that makes these instruments so appealing. 
Greg Merrill

most Sadowsky players only sell their Sadowsky basses to buy another Sadowsky.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
chasarms

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »

I assume a lot of you guys are members of TalkBass. The classified site there sees a modest number of Sadowskys pass through. Another compliment is how quickly they turn over. I bought a NYC PJ5 off there a few days ago. I paid full asking price and was competing to get the bass even though I made the offer two HOURS after it was posted.

I am very eager to get it. I expect it to be amazing!

Charles
pablo basso

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 02:20:32 PM »

...well, for me, the best compliment I can give is that a Sadowsky bass put a smile on my face every time I play one...
IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »

most Sadowsky players only sell their Sadowsky basses to buy another Sadowsky.

That'll be me in November-December 2010.

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
lowb_2277

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »

I really do believe it’s about the wood and expanding on what Fender has already done that makes these instruments so appealing. 
Greg Merrill

Don't forget about the incredible craftsmanship and customer service that are also signatory to each build. I can't explain it but there always seems to be some kinda' mojo goin' on every time you pick one of these things up

Vintage 5 string, 24 fret 5 string, P/J 5
Gerard Burick
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:19 PM »

Although this may be personal opinion... perhaps many share my sentiment on this...

I've never compared any Sadowsky to any Fender.  Maybe I should say that Sadowsky basses don't remind me of any other kind of bass I've played.  I've owned a Custom Shop V and played many CSV and 4 strings and even the lower end Fenders. 

They have a look, feel and playability all their own, in my honest opinion. 

Then again... if you've only ever looked at a Sadowsky bass and never played one, you may think they are the same. 

I don't really know what words to pick to describe them...  I can't simply say "A Fender on steroids" .. not only is the superior tone and overall sound there, but there's this distinct feel and hang that both of my Sadowsky basses have that I've never been able to find with any other bass I've owned or tried at a shop.

While they have a distinct feel, I also greatly appreciate the subtle differences they have (one being a modern 5, the other a standard 5) that give them  their own voice, while having that distinctness that seems only to come from the Sadowsky name.

There's always something to be said for a luthier that has the patience to use the best available materials to build the best instruments, as well as taking enough time to make sure everything is done correctly. (like truing the necks, etc)

I'm also quite comfortable playing both of them live and in the studio.  I no longer have a designated bass for studio and one for live.  Both of my basses do both functions now!
Asher

If you can read this you're not practicing enough

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 09:14:57 AM »

Sadowsky’s best compliment as I see it is ...

IMO, Sadowsky Guitars LTD's "best compliment" is Roger's commitment to delivering:
  • Consistent, top-quality instruments (my Sadowsky is, hands down, the BEST bass I've ever played)
  • Superb customer service

joinercape

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 10:19:25 AM »

Sadowsky’s best compliment as I see it is ...

IMO, Sadowsky Guitars LTD's "best compliment" is Roger's commitment to delivering:
  • Consistent, top-quality instruments (my Sadowsky is, hands down, the BEST bass I've ever played)
  • Superb customer service

+1......that's it in a nutshell.
soupcon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 03:32:06 PM »

personally, i think the best compliment is the compliment one inevitably gets over and over from colleagues, band leaders, and sound people who can't believe how well the tone sits in the mix and supports the music.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: