Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
April 20, 2014, 07:44:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sadowsky shop visits  (Read 5858 times)
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:44:43 AM »

What about a thread with photos and stories about our visit to the shop? I finally made it to Jay Street last year and getting to know Roger, Kevin and Alex was a thrill; I missed the other guys and girls but had a chance to also meet Madison, what a nice 'girl'!

the wall of lust:

checking out the Will Lee:

My favorite, I didn't take it home with me because it had 70's pickup spacing:

and last, but not least, me and the man himself:

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:56:48 AM »

Fran,

That's a fun idea for a thread.

Last time I was there, Roger and my g/f became so enraptured with discussing photography and camera gear that I was completely forgotten.

Embarrassed

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
classicjazz

Bottom Feeders Unite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 03:52:56 PM »

I actually flew up from Florida for the day (B-Day present to myself) to visit the shop and see the progress of my fretless. Up until then I have never played another Sadowsky bass besides the '88 "SWR" I have.

Got to meet the "master" himself! I also had my '88 with me, Roger took some measurements of the neck so the fretless could be shaped to the same profile. My '88 has a thinner profile then the newer basses I tried, with I like. So I wanted to have the fretless match.

All and all great day! But allot of flying for a one day visit!

kungfusheriff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »

Last December I was in Manhattan for work and got done early enough to hop over to Brooklyn. I walked from Broadway across the Brooklyn Bridge, got some great photos along the way, and almost froze my dumb ass to death.
Like everybody else I played every bass in the showroom and Kevin was kind enough to get me a couple of others that had been tucked away someplace. My visit ended with a few minutes spent with Roger himself, talking about the minutae of his electronics. I walked out of there with one of the new 500K volume pots feeling very honored because I had been taken so seriously even though I had bought my bass secondhand and all I took away from my visit was a $6 part to improve what I already had.
If there is an anti-Ed Roman, that person is Roger Sadowsky. Kidding. I will be happy to delete that remark if anyone asks.
P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 10:46:08 PM »

What about a thread with photos and stories about our visit to the shop? I finally made it to Jay Street last year and getting to know Roger, Kevin and Alex was a thrill; I missed the other guys and girls but had a chance to also meet Madison, what a nice 'girl'!

the wall of lust:

I remember you saying you would like  a solid colour P/J w/ rw "for a change"  Undecided Did you by any chance try that gorgeous green one on the right ?

*Fingers On Flats*
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 05:07:36 AM »

I remember you saying you would like  a solid colour P/J w/ rw "for a change"  Undecided Did you by any chance try that gorgeous green one on the right ?

yeah, I tried it and liked it a lot, but green isn't my favorite color for a bass.

It's been a long time without a P or PJ bass with P body showing up on the In Stock page. If the right one shows up my wallet might be in big trouble... Undecided

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
JJP_1984_LB50

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »

I'm leaving for my first visit to NYC tomorrow morning, which is a birthday present from my wonderful wife. 

After a couple of days of being a tourist, I'll be stopping in the shop Monday morning.  I shipped my UV70RW-5 there for an upgrade to get a VTC, as well as strings (Blue Label!) and a setup.  I might be convinced to try a couple other basses while I'm there... Wink

Full report to follow...
NOLA Bass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »

I'm so psyched. My wife and I will be in NYC in early August. Can't wait to get to visit the shop and get my hands on a Will Lee. I think that is what I want to order, but I'd really like to feel that neck and see if I like it.

I agree about the unbelievable customer service. I bought a used NYC and contacted Sadowsky regarding a balance pot (mine was wired with 2 vol). They sent it free of charge!!!!

I have been buying strings, etc. from them, but August will be a deposit on my first custom order!!!!

marchone

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 05:11:25 PM »

Is there a separate sound room to try out instruments or is it open-plan like most shops?
Fran Diaz

Sadowskyfied!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 05:17:22 PM »

Is there a separate sound room to try out instruments or is it open-plan like most shops?

that room with all those shiny basses have a lot of amps to plug and play. They leave you alone for as long as you need.

later
Fran
NYC UltraVintage PJ4
Sweet Daddy Ray
Me on MySpace
IntenseJim

I <3 pow, boobs, and Sadowsky

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 06:14:03 PM »

Separate.

"I think the only repeat customer we have ever had is some Dr schmuck out in Reno." --Roger
marchone

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:18 PM »

Separate.

Thanks.  I wondered how guys have reported spending one to three hours playing different axes.
JJP_1984_LB50

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 10:33:41 PM »

Finally back online after the NYC long weekend followed by a conference in Detroit...

Enjoyed my visit to the shop.  Kevin and Robert made me feel right at home, and weren't happy until I was satisfied with the mods and setup to my UV70.  Had my first gig last night (It's been a crazy week) with the VTC, and it's exactly what I was after.  Thanks guys!

Got to try everything on the wall, too.  The Will Lee feels pretty awesome.  The light weight of the chambered bodies on the NYC's is amazing, too...
rulyongo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »

I haven't visited the shop in almost 2 years, I love the place, the only thing is that you leave lusting for those beautiful Sadowskys!!!
NOLA Bass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 10:16:09 PM »

I'll arrive in NYC on the 6th, so I plan to visit the shop on Monday or Tuesday (8-9, 8-10).

Do you just show up, make an appt??

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: