Sadowsky Guitars Web Forum
April 18, 2014, 09:26:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: SS-15! Newest Archtop  (Read 12804 times)
croth

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 06:26:17 AM »

I am fortunate enough to own one of the early production models of the SS-15, the only difference that I'm aware of is that mine has a 1-11/16 nut.  It is a truly fine guitar. Here's mine. Click on it to enlarge it...

That's a FINE looking guitar !  (PS: there's no up charge for a larger photo  Grin ) Got any more? Don't be shy bro.
B.

Here, see if this helps:

P. Bass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 03:14:50 PM »

I am fortunate enough to own one of the early production models of the SS-15, the only difference that I'm aware of is that mine has a 1-11/16 nut.  It is a truly fine guitar. Here's mine. Click on it to enlarge it...

That's a FINE looking guitar !  (PS: there's no up charge for a larger photo  Grin ) Got any more? Don't be shy bro.
B.

Actually, I tried to upload the photo I have on file, which is a large one, and the server rejected it as too large. So go figure...I actually had to email myself my own photo, as my email program gives me the option of reducing the size before sending, then uploading the reduced-sized photo to photobucket, and then linking that here. So, this is what you got!  It does enlarge if you click on it, but not to the size of some of the others. It seems that, for some reason, I no longer have any photo-manipulating software on my computer!....

Try this: Once your full size pic is on your computer, (I set JPEG quality to "medium" for export - if you can do that) upload it to Photo Bucket. Label it as fullsize"...." Then go to your home page on P.B. & click that pic. It will open in a new window that shows a top menu bar containing edit options.(if the cursor is on the pic it will also show the % indication of the full size - click pic & it will show it full size - click again to revert).   Select "edit" on the top bar of the pic & click "resize". In the resulting window select "percentage" & use the "width" slider to adjust the pic size. Save a copy (@ bottom of pic) & label it as "..%" so you can tell it apart from the original on home page. On home page click the new pic & then check it's size (as described above). "Right click" the pic & click "copy image". Paste it on the TB posting form,wrap it in img tags & PREVIEW it 1st. Sounds a tad complicated but once you do it you can probably trim the process. NOW - lets see some guitar pics bro.
B.

EDIT: If you can set the JPEG quality to "medium" it reduces the download file size considerably & you should have no problem. I can't help w/ a PC but on a mac - in iPhoto go to "file" top bar & select "export" in the new pane you can make your choice. Hope I didn't waste your time w/ the other stuff.  Huh
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 09:32:07 PM by P. Bass » Logged

*Fingers On Flats*
Steve Berger

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 09:46:47 AM »

I'd sure love to hear from some SS-15 owners about their guitar.
cmajor9

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »

I'll second that; it would be great to read impressions from those who've been lucky enough to spend time with an SS-15.

BTW - does this model use the same pickup as the Semi-Hollow? Would it be correct to say that the SS-15 gives you a richer, more "jazz" tone, but with somewhat less versatility than the Semi-Hollow (for getting "jazz-blues" tones, for example)?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: